A common problem for inmates and their families is notarizing documents while in jail. Our notary is happy to provide this service.
Our minimum fee for Los Angeles County jail signings is $150 for one signature. We also have a maximum wait and transaction time of one hour. Additional fees for jail signings include:
Illness, immobility and lack of transportation can make visiting a notary impossible. We understand this struggle all too well, which is why Your Income Tax Preparer offers a traveling notary service.
We will come to you for all of your notary needs. We'll visit your home, a hospital, a care facility, or any other location to notarize legal documents at your convenience. Talk to a notary today to set up a stress-free appointment. Here are some of the types of Notaizations we offer:
1. A CALIFORNIA DRIVER'S LICENSE OR NONDRIVER'S ID
2. A U.S. PASSPORT (OR PASSPORT CARD)
3. AN INMATE IDENTIFICATION CARD ISSUED BY THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS AND REHABILITATION IF THE INMATE IS IN PRISON OR ANY FORM OF INMATE IDENTIFICATION ISSUED BY A SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT IF THE INMATE IS IN CUSTODY IN A LOCAL DETENTION FACILITY)
4. A DRIVER'S LICENSE OR OFFICIAL NONDRIVER'S ID ISSUED BY A U.S. STATE
5. A CANADIAN OR MEXICAN DRIVER'S LICENSE ISSUED BY AN APPROPRIATE PUBLIC AGENCY
6. A U.S. MILITARY ID
7. A VALID FOREIGN PASSPORT FROM THE APPLICANT'S COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP
8. AN EMPLOYEE ID ISSUED BY AN AGENCY OR OFFICE OF A CALIFORNIA CITY, COUNTY, OR CITY AND COUNTY
9. AN IDENTIFICATION CARD ISSUED BY A FEDERALLY-RECOGNIZED TRIBAL GOVERNMENT
10. A CONSULAR ID - MUST BE CURRENT OR ISSUED IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS; HAVE A SERIAL OR IDENTIFICATION NUMBER; AND CONTAIN THE SIGNATURE, PHOTOGRAPH AND DESCRIPTION OF THE BEARER. IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE "MATRICULA CONSULAR" IDS ISSUED BY MEXICAN CONSULATES DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS AND CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AS SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE OF A SIGNER'S IDENTITY IN CALIFORNIA.
11. THE OATH OR AFFIRMATION OF ONE OR TWO CREDIBLE WITNESSES
*ITEMS 4 THROUGH 10 ARE ONLY ACCEPTABLE AS CALIFORNIA IDENTIFICATION IF THEY ALSO CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING: PHOTOGRAPH, DESCRIPTION OF THE PERSON, SIGNATURE OF THE PERSON, AND AN IDENTIFYING NUMBER.